XCache packages updated to 1.2.1
Now that the final version of XCache 1.2.1 has been released I've updated the binaries in my repositories to the newest version. This update fixes several bugs including segfaulting when using the var cache functions when the var cache is disabled and improves compatibility with Apache httpd 1.3.x and the Zend Optimizer.
Repository users will need to run a 'yum update' to pull down this package. Please note that the config file has changed somewhat so I've set this package to rename your old 'xcache.ini' file to 'xcache.ini.rpmsave'.
The new config file has updated default settings (my defaults, not the developer's) that seem to work well for most of my sites. Copying, rather than overwriting, will allow you to manually copy over anything you changed in the old config (don't forget to copy over your MD5'd password so that you can use the admin panel). I've also enabled TTL (1 hour) and the garbage collector (every 5 minutes) by default because I know that some of the users of this package are simply increasing the size of the cache when they reach an OOM condition even though that's not necessarily the optimal solution, particularly for a VPS environment (which many of your are using).
Update (9/24/2009): Packages deleted, use the yum repository instead.