Job Available: PHP Web Developer
I've got a permanent PHP Development position available at work. If you (or someone you know) has the skills below and are within commuting distance to Malvern, PA 19355, or are willing to relocate at your own expense within the next month or so, please use the comment form on the About page to contact me.
Make sure you attach your resume, salary history/requirements, and cover letter (just zip them all up and use the attachment box on the form). I'm not Meatloaf, two out of three IS bad, so please do send everything rather than just spam me with a resume.
If any of the following apply to you, please do not contact me regarding this position:
- You represent a staffing firm (principals only).
- You have significantly more or less experience than is mentioned below. We're not willing to adjust things to make it an entry or senior-level job.
- You require sponsorship to work in the US.
If none of those apply to you, please keep reading.
This position reports to the Manager of IT & Software Development (me) and has a focus on the addition of features to our eCommerce stores and creating complete web applications that work in concert with the stores. The individual will be expected to troubleshoot & fix existing code as necessary, as well as code created after hire. Work with employees outside the department will be required (specifically, marketing & site management) in order to translate concepts into actionable goals, generate proposals to improve practices, flow and customer experiences, and run development projects through the entire lifecycle.
~2 Years experience with the following technologies is required:
- PHP 5.x
- MySQL 5.x
- HTML 4.0/XHTML 1.x compliant code
Beyond that, I'm looking for an individual with knowledge of (not all required, but more is better):
- Creation of use cases/user stories & testing of said.
- Development for a clustered/load-balanced web platform (specifically, Amazon EC2 + HAProxy + MySQL Master/Slave with data storage on S3 & SimpleDB).
- Full-cycle processes involved in an eCommerce business.
- Advance knowledge of RTML is a HUGE plus but not required; we will provide basic training but individual will be expected to learn as he/she goes if more advanced skills are required.
- Excellent organizational & problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines when assigned and determine appropriate work schedules when not.
This position has the following professional experience & education requirements:
- 1-3 years of professional web development experience with the technologies mentioned above, plus a Bachelor's degree in a related field of study.
- 2 years of related professional experience (computer technician, software development with alternative languages, graphic designer, etc.) accepted as a substitute for the Bachelor's degree requirement.
- No additional credit is given for a Master's degree or professional certifications.
- A portfolio of prior work with the technologies mentioned above and/or skills testing may be required.
We offer a competitive benefits package including (but not limited to) medical, dental, paid vacation/sick/holidays, company-matching 401(k), partial vehicle reimbursement if you buy a Mustang, discounts on products purchased through our stores, and performance-based reviews & raises every 6 months.
Update (11/30/2009): Position filled.